World Art Day is an international celebration of the fine arts, which was declared by the International Association of Art (IAA/AIAP), a partner of UNESCO, to promote awareness of creative activity worldwide.
In the honour of the World Art Day Monaco’s very own art advisory company, Rosemont Art Advisory published a great article.
The first World Art Day was held on April 15th, 2012, a date chosen in honor of Italian Renaissance Master Leonardo da Vinci’s birthday. As a symbol of world peace, freedom of expression, tolerance and brotherhood, da Vinci is also a testament to the influence of the Fine Arts on other fields.
A proposal was put forward at the 17th General Assembly of the International Association of Art in Guadalajara to declare April 15 as World Art Day, with the first celebration held in 2012. This proposal was sponsored by Bedri Baykam of Turkey and co-signed by Rosa Maria Burillo Velasco of Mexico, Anne Pourny of France, Liu Dawei of China, Christos Symeonides of Greek Cyprus, Anders Liden of Sweden, Kan Irie of Japan, Pavel Kral of Slovakia, Dev Chooramun of Mauritius, and Hilde Rognskog of Norway. It was accepted unanimously by the General Assembly.
Art covers a broad range of activities and comes in various forms. Philosopher Friedrich Hegel had classified art in 6 categories: architecture, sculpture, painting, dance, music and poetry . In 1911 cinema, was added as a seventh art by Ricciotto Canudo.
The main idea was to create a day to celebrate artistic creation, but also to emphasise the importance of art in the lives of everyone, of all ages and races.
For more information about the International Association of Art please go to http://www.aiap-iaa.org/about.htm
Here are some quotes to celebrate today’s date without which the world would certainly be less beautiful:
- “The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.” – Pablo Picasso
- “The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.” – Aristotle
- “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “Without tradition, art is a flock of sheep without a shepherd. Without innovation, it is a corpse.” – Winston Churchill
- “The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious – the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.” – Albert Einstein
- “If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him.” – John F. Kennedy
- “No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The main thing is to be moved, to love, to hope, to tremble, to live.” – Auguste Rodin
- “The earth has music for those who listen.” – William Shakespeare
- “Life doesn’t imitate art, it imitates bad television.” – Woody Allen
- “Art doesn’t have to be pretty. It has to be meaningful.” – Duane Hanson
- “Art is man’s expression of his joy in labor.” – Henry A. Kissinger
- “Art depends on luck and talent.” – Francis Ford Coppola
If you need Art Advisory, please contact Karolina Blasiak, your expert in Rosemont: email@example.com