In connection with the St. Devota celebrations on Saturday 26 January 2019, a number of organisational and safety measures have been agreed, relating both to public access to areas where the festivities will be taking place (procession from Quai des Etas-Unis to Place Sainte Dévote) and to traffic.
Public access from 6 pm
1) For those who wish to join the procession departing from Quai des Etas-Unis, two checkpoints (where a visual inspection will be made of bags and their contents) will be set up:
- at Tabac corner – Route de la Piscine
- at Avenue du Président J.F. Kennedy / Route de la Piscine near the procession
2) For those seeking to access Place Sainte Dévote, three checkpoints (where a visual inspection will be made of bags and their contents) will be set up:
- at the bottom of Avenue d’Ostende – on the uphill side
- on Rue Grimaldi at the entrance to Galerie Sainte Dévote
- on Rue Grimaldi at the bus stop for VIP access
Rail passengers should note that the St. Devota valley will be closed to pedestrians from 5.30 pm. To reach or leave the station through the St. Devota area, you will need to use the Galerie Sainte-Dévote.
Please note that the St. Devota stairs will be closed from 5.30 pm.
Practical traffic arrangements
- from 5.30 pm to 7.15 pm, Route de la Piscine will be closed to traffic except for the section between La Rascasse and the Jules SOCCAL Jetty
- from around 6.40 pm to 6.55 pm, while the procession from Quai des Etas-Unis to Place Sainte Dévote is underway, traffic will be temporarily halted on Avenue du Président J.F. Kennedy and Avenue d’Ostende in order to ensure the safety of those taking part
During the procession, from 6.40 pm to 7 pm, slight delays should be expected on local (services 1–2 and 6) and intercity (services 100 and 110) buses.
With regard to car parks, information will be provided to users (notices will be posted at car park access points) by the relevant organisation.
The Administration would be grateful if road users would take measures to avoid the area between the Church of St. Devota and Avenue du Président J.F. Kennedy (near Pattaya), particularly between 6.40 pm and 7 pm, and apologises in advance for any inconvenience caused by the festivities.
Originally published by Government Portal