Signature Dishes of the Principality of Monaco is a distinctive publication highlighting the exceptional culinary scene of the Principality of Monaco. Authors Bradley Mitton and Zsolt Szemerszky are showcasing the most excellent restaurants in Monaco as well as the heritage of the Principality of Monaco.
Signature Dishes of Monaco
Rigatoni all’Amatriciana – Favoured by Flavio Briatore
Recipe (serves four)
600g fresh rigatoni
100g Praga ham
400g diced fresh tomatoes
50g white onion
1 dried or fresh red hot chili, sliced finely
1 cup grated fresh parmesan
- Boil a large pot of water, add a pinch of salt.
- In the meantime, prepare the bacon by removing the rind and cube up the rest of the meat and fat.
- Heat a large skillet and cook the bacon pieces until the fat has melted and sizzled to a golden brown.
- Add the onion, tomato and chili and bring back to a simmer over low-medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Just before taking off the heat, add the parmesan cheese and stir through, until the sauce is creamy. Set aside until pasta is ready.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Drain the pasta, saving about one cup of the pasta’s cooking water.
- Add the pasta directly to the skillet with the Amatriciana sauce, along with a splash of the cooking water, to help loosen the sauce. The sauce should coat the pasta but still be quite thick. Toss well until the pasta is coated (if the sauce has gone cold, reheat it before tossing) then serve immediately, with more parmesan over the top if desired and sprinkled with parsley.
With the Signature Dishes of the Principality of Monaco book, you have unique access to ten of the finest and most iconic restaurants in the Principality of Monaco, where you can discover the excellence that the region delivers.
Discover more: Signature Dishes of the Principality of Monaco
Signature Dishes of the Principality of Monaco
Signature Dishes of the Principality of Monaco is a distinctive publication highlighting the exceptional culinary scene of the Principality of Monaco.
Monaco’s first gourmand book was launch December 2016 as the number one release in wine pairing at Amazon.com allows gastronomy lovers to discover the excellence of the Principality of Monaco thanks to recipes and interviews with Executive Chefs who hold together over 50 Michelin stars.
Signature Dishes of the Principality of Monaco is a distinctive publication highlighting the exceptional culinary scene of the Principality, whilst focusing on gastronomical specialities and offering an overview of the heritage of Monaco.
Thanks to the invaluable help from the Monaco Government Tourist Office in New York and the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation, authors Bradley Mitton and Zsolt Szemerszky are showcasing the most excellent restaurants in Monaco. This culinary guide offers its readers a unique experience as they offer a rare insight into the characters and personalities behind these wonderful gastronomical locations.
This is an exceptional joint effort thanks to the supportive chefs include Alain Ducasse, Benoît Witz, Christophe Cussac, Christophe Dupuy, Dominique Lory, Jean-Claude Brugel, Joël Robuchon, Marcel Ravin, Paolo Sari, Philippe Joannès and Takéo Yamasaki as well as accommodating sommeliers including Damien Borghi, Noël Bajor, Frédéric Woelffle and Massimo Sacco.
The publication is available international delivery through Amazon.com.
Tags: book, Bradley Mitton, CIPRIANI, culinary, fine dining, Flavio Briatore, gastronomy, gourmand, gourmet, Italian cuisine, Mirabeau, MOHAKO, Monaco, recipe, Rigatoni all’Amatriciana, Signature Dishes of Monaco, Signature Dishes of the Principality of Monaco, Zsolt Szemerszky