The Principality lives on circus time in January.
The whole of the Principality comes together to celebrate the circus at the start of January. On the programme:
– two exhibitions:
* At the Marriott Riviera Hotel, “Croqu’en cirque”, organised by the Monegasque Association for the Friends of Circus and showcasing works by Michel Costiou (18th January – 4th February);
* In the Fontvieille shopping centre and Carrefour, photographs by Alain Hanel (8th January – 4th February);
– a stamp created by the Office des Timbres Poste de Monaco featuring the 42nd Festival’s poster and with a face value of one euro and twenty cents, which has been on sale since the 3rd January;
– the traditional shop window competition, with this year’s theme being “circus animals” and “the 250th anniversary of modern circus”;
– the European Circus Association and the World Circus Federation meeting on the 18th and 19th January at the Marriott Riviera hotel;
– the Open Door “Circus Animals” show, rehearsals with commentary, on Saturday 20th January from 3pm to 4pm at the Fontvieille big top – free entry
– the ecumenical service under the big top on Monday 22nd January at 7 pm;
– the friendly football match between H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco’s Barbagiuans and the circus artistes’ team, at the Cap d’Ail stadium on Monday 22nd January at 8.30 pm.
The roundabout between the avenue des Ligures and the avenue des Guelfes will be specially decorated by the Gardening branch of the Direction de l’Aménagement Urbain (Town Planning Department), to celebrate the 250thanniversary of modern circus.
Finally, 33 of the Principality’s classes, that’s 800 pupils, will be lucky enough to attend an educational rehearsal on Thursday 25th January in the big top.
* Internet: www.montecarlofestival.mc or www.France-billet.com or www.fnac.com
* Telephone: +377 92 05 23 45 * Fax: +377 92 05 26 22
* At the door: the circus ticket booths are open from 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 6pm
* By post: please send your order along with a cheque in euros or a credit card number to: Monte-Carlo Festival – Avenue des Ligures – MC 98000 Monaco
Originally published at Government Portal